Patient Rights & Responsibilities
All members of the surgery Primary Health Care Team are committed to you to provide you with the highest possible standards of medical care and an efficiently run administration service.
- You will be treated as an individual and be given courtesy and respect.
- All information in your medical record is strictly confidential. We do not disclose any information to a third party without your written consent to do so and abide the Data Protection Act.
- You will be provided with a full and extensive services including access to emergency care for all medical needs 24 hours a day.
To assist us to maintain such a standard of care:
- We ask that you treat the doctor and all staff with the same courtesy and politeness.
- We ask that you respond to letters/phone calls immediately.
- Please inform us of any changes to your name/address/telephone number.
- You should not expect to be given a prescription every time you visit the doctor.
- Please try to keep to appointments. Inform us as soon as you arrive and if you cannot keep appointment. Patients missing appointments frequently are at risk of removal from the practice.
- If you are running late please let us know, if you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment you will be asked to wait until the end of the surgery or rebook your appointment.
- If you repeatedly miss appointments you are at risk of removal from the practice register.
- If we are running late please bear with us, as on another occasion you may require extra time.
- You are responsible for your own health and that of your children and should take appropriate action and advice.